Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things I can't live without # 4



I have mentioned in my jetlag blog that we use a dummy/pacifier. It is a sleep ritual and a great travel tool for landing in planes and helping get a baby onto a different time-zone. The are not for everyone (some babies don't like them at all) but we have found they work well. I am very happy that the first one I bought was a very cheap and simple one from Baby Bunting and that is the only one Bebe likes now - I feel strangely proud that she doesn't need a fancy label and is a frugal as me.

When you are out and about and can't be boiling or sterilising this device is fantastic. You can wash the bottle teats or dummy and then pop it in this little unit (which fits easily in a nappy bag) and in 5 minutes they are sterilised. It cost about $50 I think and I got mine from Chadstone. Have a look at their site and find a stockist near you.



Talking of dummies, I find they get spat out a bit - especially when driving and you can't really reach around and find them that easily when you are in traffic and have a crying baby in the back. So you want to attach it somehow, but most of the dummy clips are pretty awful. If you go to my favourite site Etsy
you can get some really cute handmade ones. This is the one I bought:

From this store

I think, when I get home I might make some of these myself. I like a good little craft mission and am thinking you could use all sorts of things on the clip...


No comments: