Monday, September 27, 2010

Things I can't live without # 1

I love an efficient suitcase. Nothing is worse that dragging overweight bags through the airport, on to trains, into taxis. Not to mention getting landed with excess fees. I have been a culprit of inefficient packing (mostly because of ridiculous shoes, top hats and 80's electronic instruments - but that is a different story) but as you probably know, there is no room in a mother's suitcase for multiple pairs of ridiculous shoes. No matter how divine and unwearable they are.

Whenever we are somewhere for over a week I look up the local baby hire place and rent a car capsule that attaches to our stroller, a play gym and sometimes something fun like a, exersaucer (hilarious!) that I would never buy but fun for a week and gives baby something different to play with and to hold off the inevitable boredom.


Things I can't live without #1



This is the BEST travel cot I could find anywhere in the world. They don't seem to sell them anywhere other than the UK but it is worth paying the postage as it is lightweight, compact and it means bubs can feel like they are in their own bed wherever you go. You must also buy the blow-up mattress that comes with it. It still fits in the cover when it is all folded up so doesn't take up any more room really. It should all be under aus$100 or not much over as the pound is pretty crappy at the moment (yay for us!)


Here is a nice man folding one up. It is so easy even a man can do it! (sorry...)


hellobabydirect.com

Next I am going to buy this larger Bubble cot for over 6 months: (will be great on the beach also as, like the smaller one, it has a mosquito net).


This is also featured on my 'Equipment' Page

5 comments:

Bat said...

Ok, so i kinda love this and have already ordered one.. will let you all know how much it costs for postage. The cot itself is under $60 aus

Ali said...

did you get the mattress also?

Bat said...

Ah, yes... Should read more carfully, have ammended the order. Postage is 32 pound to aus.

SaschkaH said...

I managed to find one of these second hand and purchased it last week. Thus far our little D loves it, and it's so easy to port around the place.

Thanks Ali for highlighting it on the blog!

Sasch

Ali said...

Hi Sasch,

So glad you like it! I have just bought a sun & sleep one (has added black out curtains and UV protection to take to the beach is Oz!) from ebay for Bebe now that she has nearly outgrown the little one. I will post about it when I get it.

Please let me know of anything else great that you find!

xx Ali