Friday, October 15, 2010

Things I have bought that turned out to be crap.

A 'Jane' inflatable bath

This turned out to be not so good for bathing (the inserts for a small bub are held on with velcro that come apart as soon as you add water and a child, two things fairly essential to the process) but is now used as a place for Bebe to sit and play surrounded by all her toys. I have taken to calling it "The Bucket" because it sounds like we live on a hillbilly farm with our baby sleeping in a box. It may be good for older babies 6m+?



A Travel Playgym

I bought this second hand on Ebay as what I thought would be a handy play gym that could fit in the suitcase. Turns out when you open it up the overhangy-arm thing (I am sure that is the technical name for it) slowly falls down, usually on baby's face. It has now gone to the Salvos where no doubt someone will pay £2 for the pleasure of working that out again. Maybe I should have just thrown it out. Oops..



Note #1: this isn't the exact one - this one may be better but I think the principal is the same and will probably fall over like the one we bought.

Note #2: we borrowed a play gym from a friend in London and when we went to the states it actually came apart and fit easily in the suitcase without taking much room up at all. As we were there for a month hiring wasn't so cost effective. As it turns out it was the same mat as Epony-Ray used on Kath and Kim which made it even more awesome. Maybe I'll get Bebe's ears pierced to match...

Every breast pad I've ever bought that wasn't Johnson & Johnson.



I don't usually like to advertise some big conglomerate company but all the other brands leak, itch and usually come in individual wrappers which is both annoying and seems wasteful. Oh, and I did try the reusable, wash yourself ones and they were the most hopeless of all and leaked everywhere and were bulky which sort of defeated the purpose.

Baby nail clippers


Ok, so this one is probably ME being crap but - a small bit of plastic behind the cutting bit is no where near enough protection to make me use this to cut Bebe's nails. I can't imagine a time when I will feel sure that she is not going to fidget and I will cut off a finger tip. Maybe when she turns 16 and can go get a manicure herself? Doing it while she is asleep has been suggested but I have gone with biting them off as she feeds and then filing them down with a soft nail file.

MAYBE NOT CRAP:
As I was looking for nail clippers online I found this product the Baby Light & Clip:



It looks quite good - anyone used one?

What have you bought that was a waste of money or pretty crapola? I love hearing of a good fail purchase!

X

No comments: