Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baby Fashion (or 'living vicariously through your child')

Fashion. Remember that?! I used to wear it. It sometimes even looked nice on me.

These days I get my fashion fix through my daughter/dolly-doll. Excellent. One thing I find though is there is a lot of crap out there. A lot of bad pink and blue and a lot of flowery mush and polyester. I would like to  take my child within 14 feet of an open fire at some point in her life so that seems to count out quite a lot of clothes bought in the big stores. So here are some stores I like.


Cotton. Good colours. In every mall ever. Easy.




I went a bit crazy pants in this store when I was recently in London. They are not here in Oz yet but the site in USA is cheaps-as with our lovely dollar so.... You will learn something of my Scandinavian obsession as you read on through this post. This brand satisfies many a craving.










I do love all things Scandinavian. Furniture, shoes, clothes, meatballs. Love it all. This site has lots of lovely things and as I look at it again now I think I deserve a medal for being so restrained in my purchasing so far... Divine.





This site is pretty exsy but really cute hand made things for a treat?!








Ok, so this is a UK website but as I've said the Aussie dollar is awesome at the moment so it is like sugar free chocolate muffins - guilt free! (a lot of the things on this website are also on the aussie based 'Baby Goes Retro also)



Chalk in Yarraville

My local. Lots of really sweet clothes and toys. (and yes, I do have that jumpsuit and yes it does essentially have my daughters name on the front. I have quite a few things by Bebe it has to be said...)


 
(can't wait for these!)


Name says it all...




I just sold a heap of old clothes on Ebay that I'm sure I'll never fit into again. And even if I do I will want to treat myself not wear things that I have been holding on to for years in desperate hope. I made over $1000 - result! I now have a little play money to actually buy some of the things I have just posted about. Might even buy a kaftan for moi. Noice.

See you soon and if you have any sites or shops you want to let me know about (and I think you'd better) then please comment and share the love!

x



No comments: